Is your home going on the market in 2023? You may be wondering if you should update your roof. Is it better to fix minor problems, replace it altogether, or try to sell the house with the roof as-is? In a nutshell, it depends. Regardless of your roof, home, and prospective sale, there are relevant factors to consider.
Get an overall assessment
You should hire a home or roofing inspector to assess your roof’s overall condition. Should the inspector determine that the roof needs to be repaired or replaced, contact a reputable roofer, like EDCA Roofing, to give you an estimate. It can also be helpful to know how much to recalibrate the sales price if you do not take repair or replacement measures, which factors into a potential buyer’s negotiation.
Should you repair or replace your roof?
If your roof needs professional attention, you will have the option of repairing or replacing it. A quick repair service might be a good option if your roof is in good condition. Pay attention to the following:
- Shingles that curl, buckle or are missing.
- Clogged gutters and downspouts.
- Nails or fasteners exposed.
- Flashing that has been torn, dislodged, or is missing.
- The condition of the vents, skylights, and chimneys.
- There are attic leaks.
- The roof is old.
It may be possible to repair your roof if it is not outdated, seems in good condition, and has a localized problem spot. However, a roof replacement is recommended if your roof’s expected useful life is close to expiring.
What are the advantages of replacement?
To decide whether to replace a roof, you need to consider its age, the materials used, and the quality of the installation. For example, in the second decade of an asphalt shingle roof’s life, you should consider replacing it before severe problems arise.
Added value in roof replacements:
- Enhance energy efficiency, create a more comfortable living environment, and protect your residence from harsh weather conditions such as hailstones, heavy snow, and torrential rains.
- The structure will remain solid and sturdy for many years, thanks to modern components and innovative sealing technology.
- An excellent warranty covers products and labor.
- Enhance the curb appeal of your home with a better architectural appearance.
- The value of your home can also be increased with a brand-new roof.
- In a competitive market, a new roof can be viewed as an advantage over properties that need repairs.
CONTACT EDCA ROOFING FOR ALL YOUR ROOFING NEEDS
EDCA Roofing is a company you can trust. We provide high-quality residential roofing replacements and quality customer service. Please fill out our contact form to request a free, no-obligation quote.